Open positions: 1 (Marketing Coordinator)
Part-time (with the goal of moving to full-time) | Primarily virtual and remote | Hourly (with the goal of moving to salary) | We’re building a Nashville, Tennessee-based team, with some in-person meetings, so we’re looking for a Nashville resident who can be accessible when needed.
Harrington Interactive Media, LLC (“HIM”), along with its publishing imprint, HIM Publications, and its publishing services brand, YouPublish, seeks to help the church become more beautiful through book publishing and content marketing. As a growing company, we are looking for a marketing coordinator who will take initiative to develop our in-house marketing initiatives, including marketing services for clients and client projects.
This position will manage YouPublish, HIM Publications, and HIM Marketing initiatives with a focus on our content marketing speciality (blogs, emails, and social media), along with running paid advertising campaigns. The position will begin at 20 hours per week with the goal of moving toward full-time and salary.
Why work at HIM?
- We serve others with high-quality services and products.
- We value innovation, creativity, and excellence.
- We work with authors, editors, and clients who are passionate about their message.
- We foster learning, career development, and growth opportunities for employees.
- We offer experience with cutting-edge technology, software, and methods in publishing and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling, posting, and managing HIM and HIM clients’ blogs, weekly newsletters, and social media accounts.
- Managing paid advertisements by writing copy and commissioning creative content for HIM and HIM clients on platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Google Ads, Amazon, Twitter, and other outlets.
- Developing and implementing HIM, HIM Publications, and HIM client marketing initiatives.
- Team meetings, collaboration, and processing.
- Advanced planning for marketing services and products.
- Takes initiative
- Independent working style
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to address challenges and work through conflict with teammates quickly
- Eager to continually grow and learn
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-Suite tools, and Adobe Creative suite
- Ability to navigate the backend of WordPress e-commerce websites
- Experience using MailChimp
- Proficiency using various social media platforms and their scheduling tools
- Capacity to learn and effectively run and paid advertising campaigns (Meta, YouTube, Google Ads, Amazon, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to work create, edit, and work with audio, video, and image files
- Interested in discipleship book content
- Interested in book publishing and content marketing
- Can take an idea, troubleshoot, and run with implementation
- Operates well in fast-paced environment, handling with a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong research, critical-thinking, and communication skills
- Can manage advanced scheduling, planning, and task management softwares
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business preferred
- 3+ years experience in marketing preferred
- Skills in writing, creative content development, and marketing strategy and planning
- Experience in content marketing, social media, and email marketing strongly
- Professional copywriting experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting at $22–32 per hour, depending on experience and education
- SIMPLE IRA match contribution (employees only)
Submit your application to email@example.com with:
- Your resume with a cover letter attached in PDF format, labeled: “2022-[yourlastname]-[yourfirstname]-marketing-coordinator.pdf”
- Then, in the body of the email, please answer these three questions:
- Tell us about a time when you had to accomplish a number of different tasks within a short amount of time. How did you accomplish those tasks, prioritize them, and maintain a high level of quality?
- Why are you interested in joining our team?
- What about your talent and experience makes you an excellent choice for this position?